Position: Childcare Specialist – KEEP Program
- Provide supervision and care for an average of 3-7 children for 2-4 hour shifts at a time. Each shift is made up of two childcare specialists working collaboratively. Children range in age from 0-17 and parent/guardian will be on-site. Childcare is provided at the OCP office or other community locations to clients, siblings of clients, and children of OCP foster parents. Toys, snacks, and activities are provided.
- Set up childcare space for activities/snacks and clean up at the end.
- Alert child’s caregiver when needed (i.e. diaper change).
- Actively participate in and role model engagement in activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates conceptual understanding of developmentally appropriate behavior for children/adolescents.
- Ability to establish a strong connection with a child or adolescent that combines warmth and humor with effective skills.
- Creativity, energy, and a fun, positive, open-minded attitude.
- Ability to respond within 24-hrs to coordinate schedule.
- Ability to demonstrate reliability and give adequate notice for absences.
- Ability to remain regulated in potentially stressful circumstances and to respond to behavioral issues in a calm, neutral manner.
- Valid motor vehicle driver’s license or I.D. card.
- Must have a telephone.
- Current first aid and CPR certifications required or ability to acquire after hire at OCP’s expense
- Complete assigned paperwork.
- Ability to accept supervision well and seek support as needed.
FTE: Hourly. Daytime and early evening weekday hours. Hours may range from 9 a.m., no later than 7:00 p.m.
Supervisor: Kym Broten
Start Date: ASAP
Pay: $14.38 – $17.00 Depending on Previous Childcare Experience
Application: Please submit an application and resume on our website at https://www.oregoncommunityprograms.org/about-us/employment-opportunities/
Oregon Community Programs is an Equal Opportunity Employer.