We are a team of 47 skilled therapists, clinical interns, mentors, skills trainers, and administrative staff who are also hikers, dog lovers, kayakers, DIY fanatics, travelers, bikers, photographers, and musicians. As both colleagues and friends, we enjoy working together to bring enthusiasm and a team-oriented focus to our programs and projects.
Schedule and collect data from treatment foster parents on a daily basis. Data collection to be transcribed directly into medical billing notes utilizing strong clinical language and meeting Treatment Foster Care Oregon (TFCO) fidelity standards. Data collection includes compiling a Parent Daily Report (PDR) on treatment of youths’ behaviors and treatment parents’ stress response to the behaviors. Data reports are shared with Team Lead. Service Document Specialist reports to the Team Lead and Program Manager.
- Ability to assess parents’ competencies, strengths, and areas for development; support vulnerable families
- Gather key data from daily calls with program treatment parents and translate it into clinical language.
- Transcribe data directly into medical billing notes; checking, tracking and coding.
- Complete timely progress notes for billable services.
- Establish rapport and maintain good working relationships with treatment parents, Team Lead, and co-workers.
- Email PDR reports to Team Lead according to schedule.
- Attend weekly foster parent meetings, as well as clinical meetings as needed.
- Perform other duties, as required.
Qualifications and Experience
- BA/BS preferred
- Experience with social service or medical documentation, health care, or related field.
- Skilled at collecting and transcribing data; medical transcription certificate or equivalent experience is a plus.
- Experience writing social service or medical documentation, translating parent observations into strong clinical language.
- Requires knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, and aptitude for learning new software for medical billing notes.
- Ability to proficiently learn and meet the fidelity standards of TFCO.
- Excel in time management, organization, tracking information, and attention to detail
- Good communication skills.
- Maturity to work independently with only moderate supervision.
- Preferred: 2 – 3 years’ experience with Parent Management Treatment Oregon and/or Treatment Foster Care Oregon model.
Generous benefits package includes up to 52 paid days off a year! (Sick, vacation, and holiday combined).
Hybrid Work Model: Combination of in-person and flexible hybrid remote work may be optional per Supervisor approval
FTE: .50 FTE to begin, with intention to move to 1.0 FT as caseload expands
Compensation: Begins at $17.48/hour, higher DOE including Spanish-speaking, plus excellent benefits package
Supervisor: Beth Pinkerton
Starting Date: ASAP
Application: Please submit an online application and include cover letter and resume.
Oregon Community Programs is an Equal Opportunity Employer.