Oregon Community Programs, a nonprofit agency in Eugene, provides behavioral health and private foster care services and programs to children, youth and families. You are right for OCP if you are strong with details and processes, comfortable shifting gears in a busy environment, and looking for a positive workplace culture. Our employees’ health and safety in the pandemic is a priority to us, so rest assured we have COVID-specific policies and procedures in place. Whether you’re looking for your next challenge or re-entering the job market, OCP is a great place to work. Don’t hesitate to apply.
Job Title: Accounting Assistant
Responsibility: Provide essential financial and daily operations administrative support to the Billing Manager and Controller.This position requires strong analytical skills, an eye for detail, and a penchant for numbers, data, computers and business programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process payments and assign profit centers
- Problem-solve and resolve non-payments and denials of claims
- Verify, document and reconcile payments and expenses
- Complete final cash disbursements and documentation steps
- Coordinate and manage credentialing
- Create and generate spreadsheets and reports of moderate complexity, including revenue reports; manipulate data in worksheets to aid in interpretation
- Collect staff timesheets, track Paid Time Off, assist with benefits documentation, data entry into various formats
- Collect, file and monitor staff trainings
- Proof clinical progress notes in EHR software and transition them to weekly billing cycles
- File scanned/digital documents and hard copies
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum AA degree or equivalent. College preferred and/or two years of progressively responsible experience in billing or bookkeeping, or a combination of training and experience
- A special aptitude for numbers and data collection
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and proprietary software
- Possess good communication and analytical skills with particular attention to details and excellent accuracy
- Highly proficient in Microsoft applications; type at speed necessary for successful job performance
- Skilled working accurately and calmly with constant work flow, deadlines and interruptions; adept at time management and organizing assigned work to meet deadlines
- Establish and maintain positive and effective relationships with people
- Desire to work with cooperative and collegial team; maturity to work with moderate supervision
- Prior bookkeeping experience and familiarity with Medicaid, Managed Care, and private insurance billing and documentation is a big plus.
Job Grade: Grade 7 ($31,000/year + excellent benefits and PTO package)
FTE: 1.0 FTE (non-exempt)
Supervisor: Kyleah Davis, Controller
Email cover letter and current resume to Dana Singer, Danas@oregoncp.org, must be received by Friday July 17, 5:00 pm.
Starting date: As soon as possible
(Applicants’ personnel files will be accessed during the selection process)
OCP IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER